Top line findings of interest are:
1. Twitter is more than 50% of the conversation. Time to consign the image of Twitter being about what people had for breakfast. last year corporations, brands and organisations were mentioned 10.4 million times per month
2. You Tue is a serious social media. I know you knew that, but did you know it had grown by 39% in the last year? Corporate you tube channels are averaging views. Time to get on boardd?
3. Engagement is the norm. 79% of corporations are engaging with customers via mentions and re tweets
4. Multiple accounts are common. Because companies have realized that they need to target audiences by geography topic and service, they are on multiple channels with multiple resources
5. Companies are rapidly adapting to new platforms. In the last 12 months Google+ and Pinterest have entered the corporate social media ecology.
Social media and content marketing are stronger than ever. Its clear these days that these approaches need time effort and money behind them, and this study shows more and more business are willing to put those things in. What are you doing? Let me know!